Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I Couldn't Resist Another {Maja Design and Dusty Attic}


Hello dear friends! Yep, I'm back again today to share another canvas I made using some older bits of my scrapping stash mixed with some beautiful Maja Design papers. As I explained yesterday, I had recently been browsing on Pinterest and found this artist out of Singapore, named Grace Ciao, who makes fashion designs out of real fresh flowers....I  thought the artwork was beautiful but at the same time thought it sad that they could not last being that they were made from fresh flowers.  It got me to thinking about some very large Prima blooms that I had bought many, many years ago when I first started out scrapping....


Remember these?  I realized that they would be perfect to make up some lovely couture canvas designs.  Yesterday I shared one canvas that I made out of one of the other flower petals (also shared a video tutorial on how I made it as well).  Today I'm sharing another canvas using some pink/cream petals from my stash.

  Vintage-Summer-Basics-P1

Vintage-Springr-Basics-P1

I used a variety of papers from the Maja, Vintage Summer Basics and Vintage Spring Basics collections. I used the center of the 'March 1st' paper (from Vintage Spring Basics) for the body of my couture figure as well as the pretty Daffodil images in the corners of the paper for my canvas background.  In the center of the canvas I used '1910' from Vintage Summer Basics, and then cut out a heart shape from '1909-bs' also from the Vintage Summer collection.

  Uniquely You_Gabrielle_Pollacco_Maja_Design_01

I always feel that the Maja papers are beautifully complimented by Dusty Attic chipboard, in this case I used a new chipboard design called 'Elegant Swirls #3' to top my canvas. I used a stencil called 'Butterfly Collage' that was designed by a lovely and super talented friend of mine, Janene Meyerowitz (yep, that's right, owner of The Scrapbook Diaries) to make the wings behind the figure and to add the lattice design in the corners.  I used the 12x12 stencil for this, but she also has this gorgeous stencil available in a 6x6 size as well :)


Uniquely You_Gabrielle_Pollacco_Maja_Design_02

Running down the side of the canvas I used a Dusty Attic chipboard piece called 'Branch #3" that I just gave a coat of Gesso and inked with some Ingvild Bolme 'Moss Garden' chalk ink, and some Branch Bark ink by her, as well.  In the bottom right corner I added a corner chippie from the DeVine Frame Set (Dusty Attic).  The dress design was made entirely of a couple of the petals I had from an old, old Prima box.  (I'm sure you can use petals from just about any silk/fabric flower you have in your stash).

  Template_Gabrielle_Pollacco_Figure_FLower_Dress

I sketched out a couture figure to create my canvas design and saved the page as a template.  Just right click on the photo and 'save image as' to your computer if you would like to try using my sketch for one of your projects.

If you are looking for Maja Design papers as well as Dusty Attic chipboard, Janene at The Scrapbook Diaries has loads uploaded to her online store (how's that for one stop shopping! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, I really do appreciate all the lovely comments and feedback! Happy Scrapping! xo

20 comments:

Maureen Killen said...

Oh Gabrielle,
Oops, should have said hello first but got excited when I saw another fantastic art work using your sketched lady (which I downloaded and printed no problem, thanks to your instructions, as I am new to computers - and being an older lady new things don't come easy!!).
I have found a supplier of Dusty Attic embellishments so I am very happy. By the way I gave my granddaughters (8 and 11 years) their altered art books inspired by your videos - I couldn't wait until Easter. They love them.
Thank you again for your inspiration. Maureen xx

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Aw, thats wonderful Maureen!! So nice to hear that my work has inspired you to create something lovely for your granddaughters! Thanks for your kind comments! xo xo

hanap said...

Your work is wondwerful. Thank you very much for your tutorial video. It is very inspiring.
hana

Diane said...

This is another wonderful design, Gabrielle. You are so creative, I never would have thought of using the flower petals in the way that you have. Thank you so much the the template also.
Diane xx

Kathy Bradley said...

Gabrielle,
Another beautiful canvas. (Thank you for sharing the lovely sketched model - as even my stick figures are awful)! Your layouts and designs are so inspiring and have just made me dive in and experiment (some of which will never see the light of day) - but some are getting a bit better! Thanks for sharing your art!

Lisa Landry said...

Now this is too cool! LOVE the colors. Very innovative. You are so lucky to be able to draw so well. Beautiful work. : )

Romy said...

Gosh, you just totally rock! What an amazing work of art! Looove it!

Janice Rosenthal Rock said...

I LOVE yesterday's and today's ideas for using the HUGE flowers! I have a jar full of them, too . .. and pull them out from time to time, to see if I can use them onsomething ... but they are too dang HUGE!! :) This is a COOL idea . .. .and of course, as always, your overall proejct is GORGEOUS!! LOVE your things!!

Arnhilds Kreative hender said...

Fantastic work, just love what you are doing. And thanks for the tutorials. Arnhild xx

Naomi said...

This canvas is so gorgeous. So I looked at the other one and then the video. Fabulous!!! Thanks so much for all this inspiration.

Janene said...

You are so amazing!!!!! I didn't even catch that butterfly behind your drawing of the girl. So sweet and just full of details. Love the glitter headband. You never cease to amaze!!!!! Beautiful! (and thanks for the kind words) - back to uploading more Dusty Attic on the website.

Patty O'Malley said...

This is so pretty, Gabi! You are amazing!

theCook said...

Such a beautiful dress! Absolutely love it!

Cindy Gay said...

I love this!

mommyx2 said...

Another amazing creation! Thank you for the inspiration for the HUGE flowers, I too have some in my stock Prima and Heidi Swapp!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Wow you are a wonderful artist too, what an amazing job you did on her dress, Awesome canvas!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing this your work is just stunning!

Crafty Sandy's Cards said...

Absolutely gorgeous Gabrielle, you are such a clever lady and so generous with your templates, thank you so much xxxxx

Paula Calvanico said...

Son of a gun Gabi, I have those flowers in my stash! You are so damn innovative! Thanks for sharing and for the template <3

Paula xoxo

Alma Carter : Emsige Biene said...

Hi Gabi, WOWZERS!!! you are the BEST!!! What a wonderful idea for those blooms sitting so sweet and quiet in my stash! Thanks for the template too! ♥♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails