Saturday, September 20, 2014

Video Tutorial: Creating a Keepsake Box {Bo Bunny - Madeleine}


Hi Everyone!  It's my pleasure today to share my latest project using some beautiful new products from Bo Bunny!  I just LOVE the new stickable stencils, it's so cool the way they keep the stencil in place as you are working and allows you to move and re-adjust, all the while keeping that tacky backing so that your designs always come out perfect!



I thought you might enjoy watching a step by step tutorial in which I show, start to finish how I created this little keepsake book/box using the gorgeous new Madeleine collection with some of the new Bo Bunny mixed media products (Pearlescents and Shimmer Sprays) and stencils.  Just click the arrow above and enjoy!


I thought I would share a few close-up shots of the project that you can enjoy at your leisure.  The photo above lets you see how I used the stencils and texture paste on the cover and spine of the book.  I used the Gold Shimmer Spray to help the texture design stand out.


I like my projects to look pretty inside and out, so I lined my box with some of the beautiful papers from the Madeleine collection (and added a butterfly cut out from Primrose collection).


Another new product that I absolutely LOVE is the Wood Shapes! For my box cover I used a few of the elegant designs from the new Iron Works Wood Shapes packet.  I finished the look with some of the lovely pearls from the jewel packets.


Bo Bunny products used on this project:
Patterned Paper: Madeleine/Grace, Happiness, Madeleine, Symmetry, 
6x6 Paper Pad:  Primrose
Pearlescents: Blush, Island Mist, Brilliant Blue
Glimmer Spray: Gold
Stamps: Distressed Textures, It is Written
Stencil: Bliss Stickable Stencil
Iron Works Wood Shapes
Jewels: Frosting Flourish Jewels, Primrose Jewel packet
Flowers:  Madeleine Petals, Blush Zinnias 
Lace: Blush

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, your kind words and feedback always make my day!  I hope you enjoyed my project today and hope that you give these beautiful new Bo Bunny products a try!

29 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

Absolutely fantastic, Gabi! Love it!

mommyx2 said...

This is gorgeous!! I need to break out my Madeleine collection :)! Thank you for your never ending inspiration!

Марьяша said...

Очень красивая шкатулка! Спасибо за видео)

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow gorgeous box hunny, loving the gorgeous detail, off to watch the video lol, hugs Liz xx

Romy said...

Gosh, this is definitely one of my favourite altered items of yours! It looks SO SO gorgeous! I love the soft and dreamy look of it.

Sylvia said...


Beautiful!.I love it.

Greetings,
Sylvia.


Silvia Mares said...

Gabrielle Congratulations ... what a wonderful project ... Greetings!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Absolutely gorgeous project Gabi and your video is fabulous too! Loved watching you put this pretty project together!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous!

48SevenTime said...

You make it look so easy! Stunning project! Thanks for the video...so inspiring!

De Andrade said...

Lindooo!.. Parabens!

AngelkissesbyLinda said...

Now this is for sure my style, This is a gorgeous box Gabrielle. Thanks for the tutorial!

Danoesja said...

Hi Gabrielle
This is gorgeous on the out and inside, i love the soft shabby romantic look,
Thanks for your tutorial.
Greetings, Danoesja

Dodie said...

Yet another stunning creation! Thank you for taking the time to share your work! I am so inspired by what you do.

smokeysmom said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Vintagey, shabby chic! Thanks for the video:)

Beverley said...

Your memories box is SO, SO lovely Gabi ... thanks for the inspiration, I know what my next project needs to be!! (Back in the land of Oz, after a most WONDERFUL adventure!)/xx

Laura said...

I love watching your video's. Makes me think I can give it a go. Will see lol...gorgeous work!

Paula Calvanico said...

What a beautiful piece. It would make a darling gift. As always, stunning <3

Paula

Lizzyc said...

Absolutely love these papers and they look amazing for this beautiful box! Such a pretty gift box inside and out! Love it, and love those new mixed media products too!

Crafty Eileen said...

Thanks for another beautiful creation. You never fail to produce beautiful work with such ease (well you make it look so easy lol)

francie said...

Beautifully demonstrated project - love all the soft colours and feminine details. I'm a big fan of using texture in a project and appreciated learning more about how you achieve the layers with stamps & stencils. I'm always afraid of doing too much and taking a chance of messing things up; I need to be more fearless. TFS, Fran

Unknown said...

stunning

Janie said...

Such lovely texture and color, thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Hi,
This is awesome. Exactly what I have been looking for. I've been toying with the idea of making each of my girls a memory box and floundering on how to start... Thank you so much for this.

Sheila said...

Thanks so much for sharing the creation of this Beautiful bow Gabi.

Sheila said...

Thanks so much for sharing the creation of this Beautiful box Gabi. Sheila

Di Garling said...

Such a beautiful creation Gabbi and I thoroughly enjoyed your video too. Great to see you at work. Thanks for sharing with us all. Cheers Di

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

So beautiful, as always! I love your gorgeous embellishments - the wooden shapes are brilliant!
Rebecca.

Denise van Deventer said...

This is so stunning Gabrielle! Absolutely amazing! Love all the beautiful and soft details! I will definitely come back and take a look at your tutorials...when I can access them at home! Work is interferring with my viewing!!!! LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails