Thursday, September 4, 2014

Mixed Media Canvas & Video Tutorial {Shimmerz Paints & The Flying Unicorn}


Hi all! I'm so excited to share with you today a small canvas design I made using goodies from the September Flying Unicorn kits and some of my favorite Shimmerz Paints Products. There were so many beautiful metal embellishments in this kit I wanted to use them on a mixed media style canvas.  Most of what is on this canvas is from the September kits from Flying Unicorn (I think the only thing from my stash is a couple of adhesive gems and a couple small Dusty Attic chipboard pieces and some Shimmerz Paintz....I will list them below).  As always, I find it easier to show than to tell, so here is a little video tutorial I made up for this piece,...enjoy!


As I said, most of the products I used on this canvas are from the Flying Unicorn kits, but here are the Shimmerz Products used on this canvas....

~ Sunset Strip Vibez
~ Before the Dawn Vibez
~Truffle Spritz
~ Jeni B Bleu Vibez (in Kit)
~ Apple Cider Blingz
~ Artechoked Texturez (in Kit)
~ Golden Wheat Shimmerz

NOTE:  If you would like to order the Shimmerz products used on this canvas you can order them directly from the Shimmerz online STORE.  And remember if you would like to get a FREE/Bonus Shimmerz product be sure to mention my name "Gabrielle' in the 'INSTRUCTIONS TO MERCHANT' part at the end of your order and Stacey will send you a bonus Shimmerz product in the color of your choice :)


Here are a few of close ups of the canvas that you can view at your leasure....


I just love that metal branch!


For the centerpiece design I took one of the label chipboard pieces in the Small Art kit and added some bronze dimensional paint to give it a metalic look.




Hope you enjoyed my project! This one came together quick and easy!  I've got another really fun canvas/and video tutorial coming up in a few days (11th) done with more goodies from this kit!  Hope you'll be able to come by and check it out!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!


19 comments:

Kerstin F. said...

wow, so beautiful, love the colours in combination with embellishments. Hugs, Kerstin

Janie said...

Very beautiful. You have a great sense of balance with color and embellishment. Thanks for sharing.

Romy said...

Gosh, this came out just perfectly perfect! I love all the textures and mixed media that you did here!

Yulia said...

Very beautiful!)

Patty O'Malley said...

OK, again, I am in awe! I love this. Don't know what else to say. It's perfection!

Lizzyc said...

My goodness this little canvas is tiny in size but not in amazing detail.. wow oh wow.. loved watching the video, and the end result is stunning.. absolutely stunning.. thanks for sharing..

FranA said...

Gabrielle your work as usual is amazing you have such a talent in this area. I always look forward to see what you have created next and have copied some of your ideas onto my scrap pages. Thank you for your wonderful work, Frances

Lilli said...

BEAUTIFUL! So many beautiful details. I love it! Lilli

smokeysmom said...

Beautiful canvas Gabrielle! You threw me for a minute when you white-washed the corner embellishments with gesso! But it came out wonderful. Thanks for sharing:)

Ann Marie said...

As usual Gabrielle, as stunning piece. I really enjoy your videos as they are very inspiring. I recently made a 12x12 10th Anniversary canvas for a dear friend using one of your creations as inspiration. Thanks for sharing your videos.
Ann Marie

Seadragon said...

How beautiful! You have done it again!

Unknown said...

You are truly amazing

Unknown said...

You are completely amazing and ever so inspiring....thank you for your posts

mamablitger said...

Gabrielle.... Stunning, awesome, fabulous !!! I just LOVE what you share with us !! You make the most amazing ART... I adore it !!!!!
Thanks a LOT for the inspiration you share !!!
Hugs from Monica.... Spain

Tante Mali said...

Oh my goodness, is this a fantastic work! Absolutely adorable!
All my best to you from Austria and a happy weekend
Elisabeth

Becky said...

I am always amazed when I come by here Gabrielle.. Your work is awesome.

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

A fantastic creation - I love the gorgeous butterfly and the flowers look so beautiful!
Rebecca.

phamil said...

WOW Gabi, I watched this entire video with excitement! You always amaze me with your techniques and your taste for making the beautiful!!!! You inspire me to try to do some mixed media playing!

ana belen said...

Hi Gabrielle!! I m a spanish girl who enjoy a lot seeing your project, and im interesting to buy a inicial kit about shimmerz inks, but in my country doesnt sell it, and i couldnt see it , how is the efect between the diferents products about shimmerz...and i thought that you could give a hand , and recomend me a "basic , but complet kit about the diferents inks"because i cant see the diferent between some sprays,..im going to do a buy in your eeuu pagine , ..lots of thanks about your videos , anabescudero86@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails