Thursday, May 3, 2012

Websters Pages 'Palm Beach' & Scrapbook Adhesives Swap!

So I had a little fun working with the newest Palm Beach collection from Websters Pages this past weekend!  I wanted to do a more 'mixed media' style page and try out some fun ideas!  For my page above, I used WP Palm Beach Patterned papers.  I used a simple background paper from the collection and did a little watered down painting with some green and pink acrylic paint as a base.  I then cut out some petal designs from another of the Palm beach patterned papers and glued them to the page using this cool adhesive sheet I got from Scrapbook Adhesives.  I needed my petals to stick down right to the edges because I was planning on painting over the edges with some Gesso.  Here is a quick little step by step on how to use this adhesive.... 
You just peel back one side of the adhesive sheet and stick it to the back of the patterned paper you are using.  I drew out the design I needed for my page (petal), and then cut it out. 
Then I just peeled back the other protective sheet to reveal the adhesive underneath.  I stuck it to my project and continued with the painting, doodling and stitching. (see close-up of finished design in the photo below... 
Okay, I'm going to share with you a fun little thing I've recently found to play with on my scrap pages!  A white out pen!!  It works great as something to doodle with on a mixed media style page!  For my flower pattern I glued down the petals, used my finger to add some swipes of Gesso on the edges of the petals, added a couple of quick strokes of green paint for stems and then just used a black gel pen to add doodles to define the design more (just basically do a little scribbling! No need to be an artist, the messier the better, I even doodled little words in my scribbles!) I then used the white-out pen (this is literally a correction fluid meant for office use, made by Bic) to add extra doodles and to add my little quote/phrase (I found this quote on Pinterest....love that site!).  Here is a pic of the white out Pen I used...
 
I also used the newest cameo's from the Palm Beach collection called Perfect Accents on this page....aren't they cute??  I love this one! I mounted it on one of Dusty Attic's Cameo Sliders laser cut chipboard pieces....they are the perfect size for WP's cameo's!  I just added a little gold 3D paint to the cameo slider to give it some shimmer.

Websters Pages is doing a swap with Scrapbook Adhesives this week so be sure to check out all the fun project the girls from the Websters Pages DT and the Scrapbook Adhesives DT have been making! Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

16 comments:

Jennie Atkinson said...

Wow Gabrielle, this is just stunning! I just love the effect you have created and your picture tutorial just makes me want to give it a go.

Thank you!!!!! x

SusanLotus said...

I love your beautiful LO!
So creative and great artwork!
Have a nice day!

Susan

Amy Voorthuis said...

This is just a jawbreaker Gabrielle .......it really is!
I think it's the most beautiful lo you have ever made.
Thanks for sharing hugs Amy :)

Lizzyc said...

Your layouts are always beautiful! love this one!

Sandi Smith said...

How creative are you and the white out pen is so clever!

Susan said...

Gorgeous...simply gorgeous! I love the doodling, and I've used the white out pen before for my doodling, and it is just perfect! Fabulous page, Gabi!

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH This is just breathtaking, I am so in love with this, it is way beyond scrapping, it is truly Art :)

Cindy said...

Wow Gabrielle, this is FANTASTIC!!! So creative and so very beautiful!! Love it!!

Unknown said...

Oh My, Gabi, I`m in LOVE with this layout.....so creative, inspiring and amazingly done! Love every piece of it!!!! Beautiful work, my friend!
Hugs ~Gerry~

~VIRGINIA~ said...

Gabi, this is just beautiful!!! Love all the gorgeous details. Hugs Virginia

Romy said...

Oh my, this looks amazing! What a gorgeous stamping technique, I love how you did the flowers! Just a very gorgeous layout!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

Love this, Gabi! Sweet idea with the white out pen! You are so brilliant!

Paulien van den Bosch said...

Oh my darling goodness hon!!!!!! This page is my new FAV of yours. I think I say that with all your pages, but WOW.....This one totally rocks. Love the way you did the background with the dooling and I LOVE those amazing flowers..... really... breath taking!!!!

Patty O'Malley said...

So pretty! You always have such amazing tips!

Eila Sandberg said...

Woohoo! chiming in with the other ladies, you so totally ROCK Gabi!! This one's different for sure but oh how gloriously it is made! love love love your she-art take and the doodling. Gosh just look at the teeeeny ruffled centre detail, delicious!! xoxox

Sandra said...

I love this layout. It's so different.
I've also seen your enterview in Creativa4all. It's a pleasure to know more about you. Many people follow your work in Spain.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails